Friday, April 20, 2007

Ducks

Over the last few days, we've had a repeat visitor to the shop...



It may not be the same duck, but it looks just like the other two i've seen this week hanging around at the shop and being a jerk-face. At first, she was waddling around the back of the shop, refusing to move when I needed to move my car. Yesterday, she was in back again, this time quacking up a fit when I was trying to unload my car for the open house. Obviously upset, she refused to be shooed and eventually dissapeared.

I had considered asking the guys at the shop if they've seen this out of water fowl, but I assumed they wouldn't believe me. But now...

Now I have proof. This morning as I was getting the floor ready for business, there she was. Standing in front of the door, quacking her approval of the scoots and the MP3.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My good friend that is a male wood duck. The female wood duck is a muddy mottled brown. The she of the pair was or is sitting on a nest nearby and he is distracting you. They are called wood ducks because they nest in the woods and not near water. Keep your eyes open for ducklings in the next few weeks.

Keef said...

Ahh, well that makes more since than a duck looking for a job at a Vespa boutique! Thanks Roger.