To put some of this into perspective, lets take a look at the year 1990...
- Seinfeld and The Simpsons were becoming popular sitcoms in many homes.
- Iraqis invaded Kuwait
- The World Wide Web was created(1989-1990)
- The Hubble Space Telescope was launched
- The Berlin Wall became history
- South Africa ended apartheid
- The Russian and former USSR states begin their decline into depression
- Club dance music hits an all time pop high
- Piaggio produces 100,000 Vespa models
To provide insight into the line-up available around that year that was so successful for the Vespa founding fathers and mothers, I did a little research. It seems that beyond the Piaggio Sfera and the Vespa 50 Special being reintroduced to the world, everyone was still riding around on PXs, PKs and T5 pole positions. Quite a different world of scooters nowadays eh?